This system is designed for college kids finishing their second yr of faculty (and could have accomplished 60 or extra items by the top of Could). Trainees for this system will probably be chosen based mostly of the next standards:
- Full-time educational standing on the College of Nevada, Reno
- Higher-division standing by the top of Could (i.e., 60 or extra accomplished items)
- Curiosity in and demonstrated potential to acquire a graduate diploma (Ph.D.) in a STEM discipline
- A science and general GPA of three.0 or higher
- Willingness to finish the prescribed course of research and actions associated to the MARC Nevada program
- U.S. citizen or U.S everlasting resident
The aim of the NIH Maximizing Entry to Analysis Careers (MARC) program is to develop a various pool of undergraduates who full their baccalaureate diploma and transition into and full biomedical, research-focused larger diploma packages (e.g., Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D.). College students from underrepresented teams are strongly inspired to use.
The MARC Nevada program will not be supposed for college kids who plan to pursue a medical diploma solely.