Are you dreaming of exploring the vibrant markets of Istanbul, marveling at the ancient ruins of Ephesus, or indulging in mouthwatering Turkish cuisine? If you’re a Sri Lankan passport holder with Turkey on your travel bucket list, you’ve come to the right place! In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through all the necessary steps and insider tips to obtain a Turkey visa hassle-free. Whether you’re planning an exciting vacation or embarking on a business trip, let’s unravel the secrets to unlocking your Turkish adventure from beautiful Sri Lanka!TURKEY VISA FROM SRI LANKA
Introduction to Turkey visa from Sri Lanka
Turkey is a country rich in history, culture and breathtaking landscapes. It is no surprise that it has become a popular travel destination for many people around the world, including Sri Lankans. If you are planning to visit Turkey from Sri Lanka, one of the first things you will need to do is obtain a visa. In this section, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about obtaining a Turkey visa from Sri Lanka.
Types of Visas Available for Sri Lankans
There are two types of visas available for Sri Lankan citizens who wish to travel to Turkey: the e-Visa and the sticker visa.
- E-Visa: This is an electronic visa that can be obtained online through the Turkish government’s official website or through an authorized agency. The application process is simple and can be completed within minutes.
- Sticker Visa: This type of visa requires you to submit your application at the Turkish Embassy in Colombo or at one of their consulates located in Kandy or Jaffna. It involves filling out a physical application form and providing supporting documents.TURKEY VISA FROM YEMEN
Documents Required for a Turkey Visa
Regardless of which type of visa you choose, there are certain documents that must be submitted as part of your application. These include:
Valid Passport: Your passport must have at least six months validity remaining from your planned date of entry into Turkey.
Why visit Turkey?
Turkey is a country that offers a unique blend of ancient history, stunning natural landscapes, vibrant culture, and delicious cuisine. It is a destination that has something to offer for every type of traveler. Here are some compelling reasons why you should consider visiting Turkey:
- Rich History and Culture: Turkey is home to numerous UNESCO World Heritage sites, making it a dream destination for history buffs. From the impressive ruins of Ephesus to the majestic Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, the country is steeped in thousands of years of fascinating history. The cultural diversity in Turkey is also evident in its architecture, traditions, and people.
- Breathtaking Landscapes: Turkey boasts stunning natural landscapes that will take your breath away. The Cappadocia region with its fairy-tale-like rock formations and hot air balloon rides is an absolute must-visit. The Mediterranean coastline with its crystal clear waters and picturesque beaches provides the perfect backdrop for a relaxing vacation.
- Delicious Cuisine: Turkish food has gained worldwide recognition for its rich flavors and variety. From juicy kebabs to savory mezes (small dishes), you’ll find something new and delicious at every meal. Don’t forget to try traditional desserts like baklava or Turkish delight during your visit.
Types of Turkish visas available for Sri Lankans
Turkey is a popular destination for Sri Lankan travelers, and obtaining a Turkish visa is an essential step in planning your trip. There are various types of Turkish visas available for Sri Lankans, each with its own requirements and duration. In this section, we will discuss the different types of Turkish visas that you can apply for as a Sri Lankan citizen.
- Tourist Visa:
The tourist visa is the most common type of visa for visitors to Turkey. It allows you to stay in Turkey for up to 90 days within a 180-day period. This type of visa is suitable for those who plan to visit Turkey for leisure or tourism purposes, such as sightseeing, visiting friends or family, or attending cultural events. To obtain a tourist visa, you will need to provide your passport and other supporting documents such as flight tickets, hotel reservations, and proof of financial means.
- Business Visa:
If you are planning to travel to Turkey for business purposes, you will need to apply for a business visa. This type of visa allows you to stay in Turkey for up to 30 days within a 6-month period. You must have an invitation from a company or organization in Turkey stating the purpose and duration of your visit. In addition to the standard documents required for all visas, you may also need to submit a letter from your employer confirming your intended business activities in Turkey.
- Student Visa:
Students who wish to study in Turkey must obtain a student visa before entering the
If you are planning to travel to Turkey for tourism purposes, you will need a tourist visa. The tourist visa allows you to stay in the country for up to 90 days within a 180-day period. It is important to note that Sri Lankan citizens are required to obtain a tourist visa before entering Turkey.
There are two ways to apply for a tourist visa from Sri Lanka: online or through the Turkish Embassy/Consulate.
- Online application process:
– Visit the official website of the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and click on “Visa Information for Foreigners.”
– Choose “Ordinary Passport” as your passport type.
– Select “Sri Lanka” as your nationality.
– Click on “Apply Now” and create an account by providing your personal details.
– Fill out the electronic application form with accurate information.
– Upload all the required documents, such as a valid passport, flight itinerary, hotel reservation, and proof of financial means.
– Pay the visa fee using a credit or debit card.
– Once your application is submitted, you can track its status online.
- Applying through the Turkish Embassy/Consulate:
If you prefer not to apply online, you can visit the nearest Turkish Embassy or Consulate in Sri Lanka. Here’s what you need to do:
– Make an appointment by contacting them via email or phone call.
– Collect all necessary documents including a completed visa application form, valid passport (with at least 6 months validity